Why it helps to have your own GP
A General Practitioner (also known as GP) plays a crucial role in looking after patients by visiting their homes. GPs treat patients suffering with chronic illness and are generally the first point of contact for anyone with a physical or mental health problem. Depending on the examination and diagnosis, a GP discusses the treatment option with the patient in order to develop a treatment plan. Alternatively GPs can also advice the patient to conduct further tests to confirm a diagnosis. These tests may include x-rays, blood tests or further investigations by specialists.
Pakenham Medical Clinic is a reliable clinic where you get in touch with reliable GP near Berwick. Read on to know how a General Practitioner can help you in the hour of difficulty.
How does a General Practitioner help you?
- One important part of a general practitioner’s work is prescribing preventative medicine and health promotion. This includes child immunisations and smoking cessation. Also, a GP might advice patients on lifestyle changes during consultation, this playing a vital role in safeguarding vulnerable kids and adults.
- GPs consult and treat patients of all ages, from newborn babies to elderly people. Usually, patients prefer to consult with one GP over a long period of time, which also helps the GP become familiar with their health history, and what medication would be more effective for them. The other benefit of this long term relationship is also the trust that develops about the doctor, which makes it easier to seek consultation about any health issues, without feeling hesitant.
- GPs play a vital role in treating patients with severe problems, chronic diseases, as well as those with multiple health conditions. In case of cardiovascular, metabolic and respiratory diseases and mental health problems, a general practitioner’s consultation and treatment becomes very crucial.
In a nutshell, you must be connected with a GP who can be accessible to you at any case of emergency.
Count On Our GPs Near Berwick for Quality Care
Need a GP near Berwick to help you with your health condition? At Pakenham Medical Clinic, we help you make the right choice and live a healthier life. Our skilled team of doctors are readily available to eliminate any hassles you may have regarding general medical conditions.
Based in one of the most convenient locations near Berwick, we are favored among the local community for our GP services. Building on our years of trust and expertise, we make it a priority to treat our patients near Berwick with the care they deserve. So, whether you’re from Berwick or a surrounding area, you can expect high-quality treatment for your whole family all year around.
Need tailored treatment for your concern? We are open 7 days a week, are available after hours and even take emergency or late appointments for your convenience. Call us to book your appointment today!
Get Treated at Our Modern Facility near Berwick
When it comes to treatment, we go the extra mile to provide you with treatment in a comfortable and homely environment.
Our treatment center is clean and replete with modern medical-grade equipment. We also house a friendly in-house staff that’s willing to help and caters to your every need. If you’re near Berwick or a neighboring area, our clinic has minimal wait times to make your treatment swift and easy.
At Pakenham Medical Centre, you will be in touch with a reliable GP near Berwick. More than this, you will be able to get some more benefits which are given below –
- You will get a doctor who knows you-
By seeing a regular GP, it means they can get familiar with you. When a regular doctor treats you and your family they are accustomed to your medical history and thus can provide treatment which works the best for you.
- You get a doctor who is an expert on general health care-
A regular GP is well positioned to help you with the several physical and mental symptoms which can arise throughout your life.
- You get expert advice on preventative health-
Your GP can be a major resource in giving advice for preventive actions to ensure that you can live a healthy lifestyle.
- You will get coordinated care-
Your GP is the main person who is responsible for coordinating your care if your condition requires involvement of other health professionals.
So if you are looking for a reliable and accessible GP close to Berwick, then contact Pakenham Medical Clinic and schedule your appointment now.