Why it helps to have your own GP
A General Practitioner (also known as GP) plays a crucial role in looking after patients by visiting their homes. GPs treat patients suffering with chronic illness and are generally the first point of contact for anyone with a physical or mental health problem. Depending on the examination and diagnosis, a GP discusses the treatment option with the patient in order to develop a treatment plan. Alternatively, GPs can also advise the patient to conduct further tests to confirm a diagnosis. These tests may include x-rays, blood tests or further investigations by specialists.
Pakenham Medical Clinic is a reliable clinic where you get in touch with reliable GP near Clyde. Read on to know how a General Practitioner can help you in the hour of difficulty.
How does a General Practitioner help you?
- One important part of a general practitioner’s work is prescribing preventative medicine and health promotion. This includes child immunisations and smoking cessation. Also, a GP might advise patients on lifestyle changes during consultation, this playing a vital role in safeguarding vulnerable kids and adults.
- GPs consult and treat patients of all ages, from newborn babies to elderly people. Usually, patients prefer to consult with one GP over a long period of time, which also helps the GP become familiar with their health history, and what medication would be more effective for them. The other benefit of this long-term relationship is also the trust that develops in the doctor, which makes it easier to seek consultation about any health issues, without feeling hesitant.
- GPs play a vital role in treating patients with severe problems, chronic diseases, as well as those with multiple health conditions. In the case of cardiovascular, metabolic and respiratory diseases and mental health problems, a general practitioner’s consultation and treatment becomes very crucial.
In a nutshell, you must be connected with a GP who can be accessible to you in any case of emergency.
Our Team of GPs Near Clyde Has You Covered
If you’re looking for a GP near Clyde, look no further. Our skilled team at Pakenham Medical Clinic are here to help you get better quicker and faster. Conveniently situated for patients residing in and around Clyde, our doctors are preferred among many residing in key Melbourne suburbs.
Over the years, we’ve established ourselves as one of Melbourne’s reliable choices for health care. All our GPs are trusted amongst the local community of Clyde and strive to offer high-quality services for your entire family.
Backed by several years of clinical expertise, we pride ourselves in providing research-based treatment as well as recommendations for a range of health concerns. So, no matter where you live in Clyde or what your requirement is, we will offer personalised treatment that’s tailored to your lifestyle and needs.
What’s more, we welcome patients of all ages and walks of life, are open 7 days a week, after hours, and take late appointments so suit your convenience.
State-of-the-Art Medical Facility in Clyde
At Pakenham Medical Clinic, we do what it takes to offer you a homely experience for your treatment. Our treatment facility is clean, modern, and possesses a reception staff that offers fantastic customer service, always ready to help.
Our facility near Clyde also has minimal wait times with secure booking to make it smooth sailing for all our patients.
At Pakenham Medical Centre, you will be in touch with a reliable GP near Clyde. More than this, you will be able to get some more benefits which are given below –
- You will get a doctor who knows you-
By seeing a regular GP, it means they can get familiar with you. When a regular doctor treats you and your family, they are accustomed to your medical history and thus can provide treatment which works the best for you.
- You get a doctor who is an expert on general health care-
A regular GP is well positioned to help you with the several physical and mental symptoms which can arise throughout your life.
- You get expert advice on preventative health-
Your GP can be a major resource in giving advice on preventive actions to ensure that you can live a healthy lifestyle.
- You will get coordinated care-
Your GP is the main person who is responsible for coordinating your care if your condition requires involvement of other health professionals.
So, if you are looking for a reliable and accessible GP close to Clyde, then contact Pakenham Medical Clinic and schedule your appointment now.