Why it helps to have your own GP
A General Practitioner (also known as GP) plays a crucial role in looking after patients by visiting their homes. GPs treat patients suffering with chronic illness and are generally the first point of contact for anyone with a physical or mental health problem. Depending on the examination and diagnosis, a GP discusses the treatment option with the patient in order to develop a treatment plan. Alternatively GPs can also advice the patient to conduct further tests to confirm a diagnosis. These tests may include x-rays, blood tests or further investigations by specialists.
Pakenham Medical Clinic is a reliable clinic where you get in touch with reliable GP near Cardinia. Read on to know how a General Practitioner can help you in the hour of difficulty.
How does a General Practitioner help you?
- One important part of a general practitioner’s work is prescribing preventative medicine and health promotion. This includes child immunisations and smoking cessation. Also, a GP might advice patients on lifestyle changes during consultation, this playing a vital role in safeguarding vulnerable kids and adults.
- GPs consult and treat patients of all ages, from newborn babies to elderly people. Usually, patients prefer to consult with one GP over a long period of time, which also helps the GP become familiar with their health history, and what medication would be more effective for them. The other benefit of this long term relationship is also the trust that develops about the doctor, which makes it easier to seek consultation about any health issues, without feeling hesitant.
- GPs play a vital role in treating patients with severe problems, chronic diseases, as well as those with multiple health conditions. In case of cardiovascular, metabolic and respiratory diseases and mental health problems, a general practitioner’s consultation and treatment becomes very crucial.
In a nutshell, you must be connected with a GP who can be accessible to you at any case of emergency.
Reliable Primary Care Doctors for GP Services in Cardinia
For those living nearby Cardinia, the internal medicine doctors at Pakenham Medical Clinic are focused on achieving one thing: Partnering to help you take control of all your personalized health needs. We achieve this by intaking online appointments and scheduling same-day doctor’s visits near to where you reside or work in or around Cardinia.
Whether you need help with lab tests, medicine prescriptions, health assessments, vaccinations, or professional health advice on health and lifestyle, our staff of doctors have you covered. We can also effectively manage certain medical concerns like diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic illnesses, and can connect you with a suitable medical expert near Cardinia as and when needed.
Personalised Primary Care in Cardinia
Personalised treatment has always been at the heart of what we do at Pakenham Medical Clinic. That’s one reason individualised treatment whilst maintaining exceptional relationship with patients has always been a mark of our practice.
Our team of doctors at our Cardinia practice possess specialty in a range of different medical practices and strive to provide a complete solution to your health concerns. Our doctors are trusted by the local community and are specially trained to provide long-term quality health care to help you get back on track.
At Pakenham Medical Centre, you will be in touch with a reliable GP near Cardinia. More than this, you will be able to get some more benefits which are given below –
- You will get a doctor who knows you-
By seeing a regular GP, it means they can get familiar with you. When a regular doctor treats you and your family they are accustomed to your medical history and thus can provide treatment which works the best for you.
- You get a doctor who is an expert on general health care-
A regular GP is well positioned to help you with the several physical and mental symptoms which can arise throughout your life.
- You get expert advice on preventative health-
Your GP can be a major resource in giving advice for preventive actions to ensure that you can live a healthy lifestyle.
- You will get coordinated care-
Your GP is the main person who is responsible for coordinating your care if your condition requires involvement of other health professionals.
So if you are looking for a reliable and accessible GP close to Cardinia, then contact Pakenham Medical Clinic and schedule your appointment now.