Here is The Eligibility for Free Flu Vaccinations
In 2020, the vaccinations for influenza funded through NIP are available for the following groups. This is because of their risk of complications arising from influenza:
- All people with the age of 6 months to those less than 5 years of age
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with the age of 6 months or more
- Women who are pregnant (In any stage of pregnancy)
- Seniors with the age of 65 years or more
- People with the age of 6 months or more having medical conditions that could increase the complications of influenza.
PRIVATE FLU VACCINATIONS CAN BE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE BY END OF MARCH
Be sure to book your appointment with a doctor in case you are eligible for the government flu vaccinations, as you would need a prescription for the same. Confirm an appointment with the nurse if you need to get vaccinated.